I actually had some work today. Someone found my work listing somewhere online and gave me a cold call. This person is self-publishing a book and his document just needed one thing… a new writer. (sigh) But work is work.
Earlier today, I was getting my hair cut, and my hairdresser mentioned that they had chocolate mint cookie yogurt at YogurtLand, a popular self-service frozen yogurt chain in these parts. And of course, I couldn’t stop thinking about it after I left.
I struggled with that wretched file for about three hours and thought, I deserve a reward, dammit. It wasn’t super hot outside, and there is a YogurtLand about a half-hour walk from my place. So I put on my iPod and went for a brisk walk, figuring I’m burning off the calories in advance.
Finally get there… and no chocolate mint cookie yogurt. @#$%&*!!!!! However, they did have dark devil’s food chocolate and coconut together in one machine, so you could swirl them. That plus some chocolate syrup tastes like a Mounds bar. Yum.
And then another half-hour to walk back home. Incidentally… walking for an hour after some heavy-duty spanking the night before? I don’t recommend it. My butt muscles hurt with every freaking step. Yeah, yeah, I know. No one feels sorry for me.
I noticed there’s a 50-question meme floating around the blogosphere. I haven’t seen one of those in a long time — back in the MySpace days, I used to see those silly things nearly every day. For whatever reason, I’m a sucker for them. So, because I’m bored, here goes. Feel free to copy and do it yourself on your own blog, if you’re of a mind to.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Sort of. Jews have a tradition of giving their children a name that begins with the same initial as a deceased relative’s name. My mother named me with an E name in honor of her aunt Elsie. Thank god she didn’t name me after the Borden cow!
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Hmmm… for once, I don’t remember. Sometime last week, I think.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
(shrugging) Who handwrites anymore? I guess it’s OK.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
I do not.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
LOL… these things always have the requisite really stupid questions. I dunno. Maybe. I wouldn’t expect a whole lot from me, though.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Nahhhhhhhh… why on earth would I do that?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Nope; had them out at 11.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Sure… right after I flap my arms and fly to the moon.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I mix different ones; I like stuff with raisins and nuts. But not dates — blech!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Not if they don’t have laces.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically? So-so. Emotionally? Not very.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
That’s like asking what my favorite movie is — too many choices to pick one.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Oh, come on, let’s be honest here. The absolute first thing we see of anyone is how they look, so I will say looks.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My inflexibility and fearful nature.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE EXERCISE?
Weights and machines.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Not wearing any at the moment.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Frozen yogurt! 🙂
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
iTunes radio — Radio Bop 60s.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Spank Me Scarlet
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Anything baking, fruity/citrusy scents, my sweetie’s hair
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Neither — a four-star hotel!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Don’t like sports.
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Starchy stuff (bread, pasta), seafood, fruit and veggies
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings (no, not those kinds, you perverts)
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf (taped it from TCM, after Elizabeth Taylor passed away). Good gawd, what a downer film.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Magenta tank top.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
What, I can’t have both?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Pretty much anything chocolate, but a couple of favorites: Marble cake with chocolate frosting, German chocolate cake.
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Both. But if I only have time for one, then strength training.
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Computer with the television on in the background. Oh, and for just sitting and watching a movie or TV show, always the television. Don’t like watching programs on a small screen.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Dick Van Dyke’s autobiography.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
My mouse — duh!! Seriously… Quentin Collins. Yes, really.
(where the hell is #41?)
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
The sound of one hand clapping. The non-sound of absolutely blissful silence.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I have perfect pitch and an uncanny memory for useless trivia. Other than that, I’m quite ordinary.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Beverly Hills, California
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
I don’t have a house. My apartment building is tan with rust-colored trim.
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? Silver
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
All except the stupid ones, like that one.