Weekend update and the VBA
John went home today; his neighbor called and told him the power had been restored. He had gone there on Friday afternoon to check out his house; said things were OK there and with his surrounding neighbors, but the town was completely dark and you could barely drive through there for all the trees and branches and other detritus in the streets. Several cities are in the same condition. It’s been a very strange and surreal time. So we hung out here at my place, he brought his laundry, etc. I have to admit, it was fun having him here for a change. He almost never comes here. Not that I blame him, really. For one thing, the parking is impossible here, and at his place, there’s a two-car garage.
Now they’re talking about more winds coming. Not as strong as last week’s, but with so many weakened trees and structures, there may be more damage. Have you ever seen a power pole snapped in half? Or trees that uprooted and tore the lawn right off the ground, like a grass blanket? Back east in hurricane country, I guess that’s pretty standard stuff. Here in So. CA, it’s unheard of.
They’re calling this an “event” that only happens in these parts every 10-20 years. I’ve been here all my life and I’ve never seen it. Mother Nature appears to be losing her mind.
Enough of that. This weekend, I discovered that I’d been bestowed a Versatile Blogger Award from both Kaelah and Pandora. Thank you, ladies! This meme has been going around for a while now; part of me feels like I can’t really add anything new to it, but another part wants to play. I am to list 15 bloggers I read, passing the VBA onto them, and then list 7 bits of trivia about myself. Probably most of these bloggers have already been awarded, but one can’t receive too many accolades, can they? To help cut down on a little of the redundancy, I’m keeping my list to 12, in no particular order.
1. My Bottom Smarts — who in the spanko blogosphere doesn’t know and love Bonnie? She was the first blogger to link to me, way back when. And she’s where to go to keep up with all the blog news, with her “Good and Hot” list.
2. Chross — the only blogger I know whose name has become a verb (“I got Chrossed last week”). If a photo, video or clip is in existence, he has it or knows of it.
3. Hermione’s Heart — Hermione gives us something fun to read every day and finds some of the most amusing and outrageous photos and products out there. Fun features include photo captions, Wednesday Win and Friday Fail.
4. No Domme Blonde — my buddy Zelle’s blog. Richly entertaining, humorous and chock full of pictures. My one complaint? She needs to blog more often! (hint hint, Zelle!) 🙂
5. The Pink Report — intelligent and sexy as hell! And a real sweetie, too.
6. Spanking Pixie — even if I didn’t know and love this woman, I’d enjoy her creative and interactive posts.
7. Dana Kane Spanks — the only F/M blog I read. Even this die-hard M/F girl loves reading Dana’s adventures; not just because she’s someone I like a whole lot, but she’s fun and sassy and could be my femdom (and much younger) sister.
8. Lea’s Corner — this woman makes me laugh. A lot. Wait’ll you read her song parodies. Or her post about “Why I Won’t Be Playing With You.” Priceless.
9. Dark Musing — my friend Craig and his witty, irreverent views on this thing we do.
10. XOXO, Beth — a little on the quiet side, but when she posts, it’s an engaging and thoughtful read. And she definitely has a mischievous side.
11. Poppy’s Submissions — playful, vulnerable, creative, and very, very real.
12. WolfieToons — our resident cartoonist, punster and comedy trivia buff, Dave Wolfe is simply a joy.
And now, I’m supposed to tell y’all seven things you don’t know about me. Sheesh, what’s left? I’ve been blogging for years and I’ve written an autobiography; is there anything I haven’t told?? I’m left with the uber-obscure, I’m afraid.
1. I can snap my fingers with my left hand, but for the life of me, cannot do so with my right.
2. I love tomatoes. I love them in salads, sandwiches, in sauces, as snacks. But I hate tomato soup.
3. If I’d used that formula of “first pet, first street you lived on,” my scene name would be Lucy LaPeer.
4. I have never seen any of the Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movies. Nor do I intend to.
5. I once won two tickets for “house seats” (the best) to the musical Cats, by playing a call-in game on the radio called “Sing the Next Line” (yes, I sang on the radio).
6. I have never learned to cook a turkey, change a tire, ride a bicycle, or many of life’s other little basics. All part of that late bloomer business.
7. I still miss Johnny Carson. (and don’t say who?? or I’ll cry.)
Tomorrow night, ST returns. I’ve had a week off and I’m more than ready to play again. Now, I think I’ve blathered on long enough. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.