The Twelve Days of Bitching
Oh, come on. Did you really think you’d escape at least one bitchy holiday post from me? After all this Santa/baking business, I feel like I have to reassert my true nature. So, I’m cramming 12 days’ worth of miscellaneous grumbling into one post. Bah, humbug.
1. Last night, my gym-class instructor did her “12 Days of Xmas” workout. On the first day, one minute of planking. On the second day, two sets of 8 bicep curls (heavy weights) and one minute of planking. On the third day, three sets of 4 situps, two sets of 8 bicep curls, and one minute of planking. On the fourth day, four sets of 2 pushups, three sets of… you get the idea. Today, I feel like I’ve been run over by a bus.
2. My upstairs neighbors are inconsiderate idiots. They blast their music too loud and have their speakers on the floor, so all I hear is BOOM BOOM BOOM. Also, they installed a bidet (!) in their bathroom, which flooded and leaked down into my bathroom wall, which then had to be repainted. The manager is not pleased with them.
3. And speaking of neighbors, my nice quiet next-door neighbors moved out. Lord only knows who’s going to end up there. (I have had quite the succession of neighbors-from-hell next door over the years, so I’m understandably apprehensive.)
4. I am so @#$%ing sick of holiday music, I could croak.
5. I am equally sick of holiday commercials. I especially can’t stand that Audi commercial where the son comes home for the holidays and his parents steal his car and take off. Nice holiday sentiment, there.
6. My health insurance just went up to the obscene amount of $1077 per month. Not a blessed thing I can do; without it, a single illness or accident could wipe me out. However, the premiums may do that anyway.
7. As much as I relate to grumpiness, I’m really tired of this stupid cat meme. Everywhere. Everywhere.
However, I will admit to laughing at this:
8. I still cannot access Chross’s blog. A techie pal instructed me on how to pull up the site with a proxy server thingamajig, but really, perving shouldn’t be so challenging. EDIT: As of last night, I can now access Chross’s sites. I have no idea what happened, but YAYYYYYYYYY!
9. I’m really pissed off that yet another year has gone by and teleportation hasn’t been invented yet. I keep reading about my spanko friends and their various get-togethers and I want to be there. But without all that airport hassle and travel time and jet lag and packing and blah blah blah. Just snap! and be there. I could drop in on so many people and then just as easily go home when I get tired. Come on, tech geeks. Get cracking on that, will you?
10. Judd Apatow and Quentin Tarantino just came out with new movies. I can’t stand Judd Apatow and Quentin Tarantino.
11. Honey Boo Boo. Nothing else, just that. Speaks for itself.
12. I don’t get to have the @#$%ing grumpiness spanked out of me until next Wednesday!!! (epic sulk)
Oh, well. I do have the weekend with my sweetie, who is in good spirits after several holiday parties/gift exchanges at his work. He always makes me laugh. And it’s lovely and cold out, very seasonal. None of this tank-tops-in-December California nonsense.
Happy holiday weekend, y’all. Hope everyone gets to enjoy the extended weekend with loved ones. 🙂