Wrapping up the week
Overall, a much better week than last week. Besides my killer scene with Steve, let’s review:
1. I had work, none of which had gross and disgusting pictures.
2. John finally got his second opinion from an outside hospital that specializes in heart surgery. They told him he definitely qualifies for valve repair rather than replacement, and with minimally invasive surgery versus tearing his chest open. And yes, his HMO is capable of doing this. Now the battle truly begins, but at least he’s armed with the proper information.
3. I treated myself to a pedicure. It’s hard to be depressed when your toenails are sparkly red.
4. I got on FetLife’s Kinky & Popular list twice this week; once for the video from Tuesday’s session and once for a piece of writing about saying no at a party. I will cover that further in a future post.
5. You may recall the brilliant writer Jillian Keenan, who rocked our world last year with her article for the New York Times, Finding the Courage to Reveal a Fetish, effectively outing herself to the world. She and I follow each other on Twitter, and this week, she tweeted to me that I make her laugh out loud and if I ever come to New York, we should get coffee or something. Now that was a keeper.
6. I made it to all of my workouts, despite my desperate urge to stay home and just take a vitamin or something.
7. Have I mentioned lately that my building’s new AC system really works well? After living here for 22 years and suffering through 22 summers with crappy semi-functioning AC, I have to pinch myself every time I walk into my apartment and it’s deliciously cool.
8. The human race didn’t disturb/frustrate/aggravate/enrage me nearly as much as usual.
9. Oh, and did I mention that I had a really great scene on Tuesday? 🙂
These are definitely overriding the not-so-positives, of which there are three:
1. Blog views and comments were way down this week, even though I thought I had a great post. That’s always annoying.
2. This weekend, there are two big weekend spanking parties going on: One in Texas and one in Florida. Between the two, several of my friends are in attendance and my FOMO is in high gear, and for one of the two parties in particular. Hurry, hurry, Shadow Lane.
3. I fell off the wagon and tweeted to Pablo Schreiber again, even though I publicly swore I would not. Surprise, surprise — he didn’t reply. Meanwhile, his followers shot up from 32K to nearly 39.5K; I think it’s going to his head. Perhaps I should start a new group, PFA (Pablo Fangirls Anonymous).
Back to work. To everyone at the parties, get your spank on for me and get/give lots of hugs, too! And to everyone else, have a great weekend, y’all.