(sigh) What’s a bottom to do?
Had a lovely visit/session with Steve yesterday. He didn’t bring his camera, but he took a few nice post-scene shots with his phone.
As he’s preparing to leave:
Me: Let’s load the pictures onto my computer.
Him: I’ll send them to you later. The pictures on my phone tend to look yellow and I want to fix them first.
Me: I can do that.
Him: Nah, I really want to get on the road before the bad traffic hits. I’ll send them to you tonight.
At the door:
Me: Don’t forget to send me the pictures, ok?
Him: I won’t, I promise.
Guess what? No pictures last night. This morning? Still no pictures.
Hence the sigh. What is a bottom’s recourse when a top fails to deliver on something he promised? Not much. Except to snark at him here!! :-Þ
In other news… there isn’t any. Work has been painfully slow — I wonder if this is the beginning of Holiday Lite? (groan) So far, I have cleaned out my closet, finished a 750-piece jigsaw puzzle and watched nearly all of Orange is the New Black Season 2. (Yes, I’m behind. I still use the old-time Netflix discs, not the streaming.) Everything else I think about doing costs money, which is probably not a good idea right now.
So, a few short-term reminders during my down time:
- Don’t watch/read the news. It’s all bad.
- Stay the hell out of the ever-present scene dramas and traumas.
- Keep the A/C on and the windows closed. It’s the end of October and in the 80s outside, which makes me cranky.
- Stay focused on the positive.
- Flap my arms and fly to the moon, which is about as likely as a depressive staying positive. Oh well.
Hope everyone out there in BlogLand is having a good week so far.
UPDATE: It is now 2:30, and he has sent them. Exonerated. 🙂