Quickie update & meme
I swear, come 2016 when all this is over, I will get back to making this a fun spanky blog again. For now, here is the latest: John went to see the surgeon today to get the splint off his thumb, have it looked at, etc. Despite the doctor’s best efforts, the biopsy result had not come back yet. (sigh) However, the doctor said the wound looked like it was healing well, the swelling is all gone, and John is feeling no pain. I swear, the man never took so much as a single Tylenol after having that procedure last Wednesday. (Did I mention that he also had the biopsy with only a local anesthetic, even though they offered him both Versed [a tranquilizer] and Propofol? He wanted to be fully awake and aware for it. I swear, the man is crazy.) So… we have to wait a little longer. But the doc seems to think (even though he won’t commit to it) that it’s not melanoma. We’ll see.
So, despite John’s thumb and my stomach bug, we had a decent Christmas Day together. I brought prepared food from the service deli at the market, picked up Starbucks for John, and we had a quiet night in, exchanging gifts and watching movies and various TV marathons.
And this afternoon, I saw Steve for the first time in a month! He’d finally been given the clear from his doctor to be around others, and his nose is much better. Staph infections are horrible. We even played a little — I was definitely out of condition, but I sure loved it. I need to get back into our regular play routine. Hopefully soon.
My stomach is much better and I was able to exercise yesterday for the first time in a week. So I’m feeling somewhat human again.
Two more days, and I can tell 2015 to go fuck itself. What a year. But since it isn’t quite over yet, I think I’ll shut up for now.
I know some friends did not have happy holidays this year, and I’m sorry. I do hope some of you managed to have some fun and be with loved ones.
Since this entry is brief, I’ll end with the one-word meme that’s going around. (Mind you, I find answering anything with one word damn near impossible.)
1. You: Weary
2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend (spouse): Irreplaceable
3. Your hair: Brown
4. Your mother: Gone
5. Your father: Missed
6. Your favorite item: Computer
7. Your dream last night: None
8. Your favorite drink: Champagne
9. Your dream car: Beemer
10. The room you are in: Living
11. Your ex: Vanilla
12. Your fear: Illness
13. What you want to be in 10 years? Secure
14. Who you hung out with last night? Me
15. What you’re not? Flexible
17. One of your wish list items: TV
18. Time: Fleeting
19. The last thing you did: Played
20. What you are wearing: PJs
21. Your favorite weather: Cloudy
22. Your favorite book: Many
23. The last thing you ate: Cereal
24. Your life: (shrugging)
25. Your mood: Mercurial
26. Your best friend: John
27. What are you thinking about right now? Answers
28. Your car: Toyota
29. What are you doing at the moment? This
30. Your summer: Hot
31. Your relationship status: Partnered
32. What is on your TV? Nothing
33. What is the weather like? Cold
34. When is the last time you laughed? Earlier
35. Your favorite color? Red