I’m in a pensive mood tonight, due to all the ugliness on the news lately. I saw one of those old-time memes where you answer questions about yourself, so I thought I’d distract myself with that. Of course, about half the questions in this meme I found were completely stupid, so I chose to delete them. So here goes. Feel free to copy the questions and put in your own answers on your blog, if you’d like.
1. If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
This changes often, but at this time, my answer would be President Barack Obama.
2. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
If I’m alone, PJs, a nightie or a t-shirt. If not alone, then no clothes.
3. Ever had a poem or a song written about you?
I had a song parody written about me once. It was to the tune of The Beatles’ “Eleanor Rigby” and it was called “Erica Rigby.” I don’t remember most of it, but I do recall that instead of the lyric “Father Mackenzie,” it was “John in a frenzy.” 🙂
4. Do you have any strange phobias?
Emetophobia — the fear of vomiting. I will do anything physically possible to keep from throwing up, and when I feel nausea, I get a panic attack.
5. Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
No, I make sure that everything I put up my nose is domestic.
6. What’s your religion?
I don’t believe in religion.
7. If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Counting the minutes until I can come back inside.
8. When was the last time you played air guitar?
Last week on the treadmill, when one of my favorite songs with a great guitar solo came on my iPod.
9. How do you vent your anger?
Exercise, writing rant-y blog posts and tweets, having a bitchfest with friends.
10. Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind it?
Mmmmm… I do have a weakness for being in front of it. 🙂
11. Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
12. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
My emotional nature; my intelligence.
13. Do you have a collection of anything?
Clown figurines and refrigerator magnets.
14. What is a sound you hate; sound you love?
Screaming babies and incessantly barking dogs; purring kitties and a top’s solemn voice.
15. Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
Yeah, I think so. I could be a whole lot worse.
16. What’s the worst place you’ve ever been to?
South-Central Los Angeles. That place terrifies me.
17. Favorite band?
The Beatles, always and forever.
18. Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
I live in Los Angeles; of course I drive. I’ve had a few fender benders, and I’ve been hit a few times, but no major crashes.
19. What the last book you read?
Jillian Keenan’s Sex With Shakespeare. I need to blog my thoughts on that sometime soon.
20. What’s the last movie you saw?
An old cult classic on Turner Classic Movies, Wild In The Streets.
21. What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
A really, really bad sprained ankle that took months to heal. I had to walk in a brace and have physical therapy. It was as bad as having a break.
22. What’s your sexual orientation?
Good ol’ boring heterosexual.
23. Ever had a rumor spread about you?
Yes. It hurt a lot and nearly drove me out of the spanking scene.
24. Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
I admit that I do, sometimes. Especially if they never apologize for it and they did me a lot of emotional damage.
25. Do you save money or spend it?
I am a saver, for the most part.
26. What was the last thing you purchased?
27. How many relationships have you had?
Only one that matters. 🙂
28. Where were you yesterday?
Several places — John’s house, Starbucks, The Habit, a dim sum restaurant, a dog kennel where we walked John’s neighbor’s dog.
29. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
I have a pack of multi-colored Post-Its on my desk; some of them are pink.
30. What’s your favorite animal?
That would be a tie between dogs and cats.
31. What were you doing last night at 12:00 a.m.?
Watching TV at John’s, while he slept with his head in my lap. We’re old.
32. What do you think is Satan’s last name?
33. What is the single best decision you’ve made in your life so far?
Hard to choose just one. My knee-jerk answer is deciding to embrace my kinky side.
34. What is a saying that you say a lot?
Not really a saying, but I exclaim, “Oh, for….” a lot. You know, “Oh, for god’s sake,” “Oh, for Christ’s sake,” “Oh, for fuck’s sake.”
35. What is your current desktop picture?
A stock waterfall photo that came with the computer.
36. Favorite color?
37. If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
(sigh) Much as I’d like to think about it, I don’t believe I could actually do it. But I do have a few temptations.
38. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
My first adult spanking, just for the sheer joy and wonder of it.
39. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
My brother’s death.
40. You have the opportunity to sleep with the music celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
John Lennon — the young, cheeky, sexy version.
41. Have you ever thrown up in a car?
I did all the time, when I was a little kid. I got horribly carsick.
42. In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
Acceptance, trust, listening, values and preferences in common, attraction to both the outside and the inside.
43. What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
Roy Orbison’s “Oh, Pretty Woman.”
44. You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a. Yes… my loved ones have a right to know. b. Assuming that I get to live those days without feeling ill, see as many loved ones as possible, eat all the ice cream and chocolate and bread and peanut butter, play, say everything I want to say. c. No. I’m not afraid of death. I’m afraid of a lingering life in pain and sickness. If I were ill, I’d want to go quickly.
45. Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
Neither. I’d rather email or text, or talk to someone in person.
46. What is the meaning of life?
I will borrow my father’s words here: “An entrance, an exit, and a lot of bullshit in between.”
47. What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
“Couldn’t sing, couldn’t cook, had a nice ass.”
48. Do you have any nicknames?
I used to be called “Bionic Bottom” in the spanking scene. John has a lot of goofy pet names for me, including “bunny.” 🙂
49. Do you have any obsessions right now?
I guess I’ve had to say that I’m always obsessed with spanking and everything about it. But I don’t consider that a bad thing.
50. If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
I suppose this is where I’m supposed to say something inspirational, spread the love, be kind, etc. But I’m just not the namaste-ish type. So, given the state of the things of late, the never-ending senseless violence and death, here’s what I’d like to shout from the hilltops and be heard around the world:
And on that note: My friends, I love you. ♥